”Don’t let anyone tell you that just because you’re a kid, you can’t make a difference,” says Juliette West. Now a 17-year old junior in high school, Juliette has worked diligently over the past three years to bring awareness about elephant issues to more than 500,000 people through her public speaking at schools, film festivals, and through media interviews.
This year, with the ivory trade threatening the extinction of the African elephant in the wild in 5-10 years, Juliette is calling upon youth everywhere to get involved and do everything they can to help stop the ivory trade before it is too late.
What You Can Do To Help
Knowledge is power. Get educated on the ivory trade so that you can make a difference. We have gathered key articles, reports and videos so that you can get up to speed quickly.
- Click Here to go to articles, videos, study guides on the Ivory Trade
Connect With Others
While you can be effective working on your own, you can have an even greater impact if you join forces with others.
- Click Here to see how to connect with JulietteSpeaks and our friends and partners
Elephants are being killed at the rate of about 12o a day in Africa. So the message is, please don’t wait to take action! Elephants need our help NOW. Every day that we don’t stop the ivory trade, more elephants lose their lives for ivory trinkets.
- Click Here to see all the ways you can take action, starting today.
- Global Youth Against the Ivory Trade petition
- Global Youth Against the Ivory Trade school club program
- Become A Volunteer
- Executive Summary
Photo Credit: Deneys (Creative Commons)